Saturday 26 June 2010

Jungle Climbing Frame

Ever since my son was born, two½ years ago I have thought about building some kind of funky climbing frame in the garden to blend with the 'jungle' look of the planting. So, for the past 3 or 4 months, I've been working like a demon to transform the garden from an 'overplanted plant collectors plant collection' into a family garden with a backdrop of handsome architectural plants, and a Jungle Climbing Frame!


Using a mixture of materials I got free from work, materials I had left over from previous projects, and stuff I had to buy, I designed and constructed this....








It proved a real headache to consider all the safety issues for a 2½ year old (and for a 38 year old!) and I still have a few concerns about one or two things, but I can always modify things as I go along. My little boy loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment