Thursday 17 March 2011

Racing

I've done 2 10k road races in the past fortnight as I get back into my running and I was very pleased to break 40 minutes for the Mic Morris Torfaen 10k. I came 15th of 120ish and posted a time of 38:17. This is not a pb as I ran 36:10 in my early twenties but it's the best for many years and I feel fit and fresh at the moment! I should say that the Mic Morris race is mostly downhill from Blaenavon to Pontypool but nevertheless, it was pretty tough.

It's certainly rekindled my enjoyment of running and I'll be looking to enter a number of races through the year. Next up is the 20k Offa's Orror that starts at Tintern Abbey and ascends Offa's dyke. It sounds punishing but scenic which I find appealing. Endorphins galore!

I've also got a weekend in Snowdonia planned for the 26th March so it's plenty of leg and lung action at the moment. We hope to do the Nantlle Ridge for the first time and maybe Cnicht. Reports to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment