Friday 25 September 2009

The banner photo. As it's the first thing you see when you log onto this blog, I'll explain what you can see.
To the left is a photo of yours truly stood beneath a Nikau palm (latin name Rhopalostylis sapida*) in the Jardin Exotique de Roscoff in Northern Brittany. We holidayed there this summer and found a spare hour to take a wander around this exotic garden whilst waiting for the return ferry. This particular palm is native to New Zealand and I grow one in my own garden with winter protection.
The centre shows me in Trefil Quarry on the southern edge of the Brecon Beacons National Park in 2006. You can see how cold it was! The icicles are enormous.
And to the right is a photo taken of my wife and I on one of the UK's finest beaches...Porthcurno in Cornwall.

No comments:

Post a Comment